Friday, 30 August 2013

"Little girl" ~ a poem by Jessica Rose


This poem by Jessica Rose is truly something special ~ it captured my heart and mind from the moment I read it. Jessica provided her reflections on this poem, something which I have included at the end of the post.







"Little girl"  by Jessica Rose


Sorry, little girl, with big sad eyes,

Nobody to hear your cries,

lonely, little,lost and scared,

why for you no one cared?

For if you were mine,what could you be?

With all the loving received from me.

I would let your hair grow long

Hitting hairbrush would be gone.

Daily I would build your self esteem,

shelter you from all that's mean.

You shouldn't have been broken,

Oh for you I would have spoken!

Little,lonely girl come sit upon my knee,

For we have to fix,you and me.

I will embrace you in my arms,

cuddle away all the harms.

Know you're loved,meant to be here,

Precious girl,don't live in fear.

It is time to set us free,

little girl inside of me.






Jessica said


"I wrote this after prayer. The Lord told me that I as an adult would never be mean to a child. (I love children) He told me that I am his child and his little girl. Every time I am nasty to myself I am nasty to him. I had a horrid childhood and the little girl with brown eyes is me. I love her now and my life as improved. Even if people don't have faith they really need to be kind to themselves it is easier if we go back and remember our selves as the children we were. I have cried out to the Lord many times. "who am I" and he has answered I am His. There is a song on my twitter called Kid Heart by Todd Zero about getting back to our kid heart-  this helps us to remember who we are".


Links to Jessica and her work:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment