Friday, 30 August 2013

"The twilight zone" ~ a poem by Jessica Rose


I think we can all relate to those isolating nights where it seems that we are all alone, abandoned with a daunting long night ahead. Jessica elicits the essence of such nights exceptionally well in this poem through four powerful verses. Her commentary on the poem can be found at the end of the post.

 

"The twilight zone"  by Jessica Rose

Late at night I ponder why,
morning always seems so shy
lonely is this silent zone,
the night and I all alone.

Creaks and cracks talk to me,   
tell me that i shouldn't be.
go to bed ,they seem to say,
Tomorrow is another day. 






Ticking clock,my only friend,
will this night never end?
it calls to me, my empty bed
Come and rest your weary head.




Stranger, so unfamiliar,show your face
so I can escape to another place.
Sleep why do you fight with me?
Reveal yourself and let me be.






    Jessica said





"When we can't sleep late at night it is so lonely and it feels wrong. If we live with others we have to think about disturbing them. Then the paranoia can come. Thoughts would run around my head -too poorly to even consider talking to Jesus. Then I discovered UCB radio and it now is my sleeping tablet. I fall asleep to it and my dreams have become sweet ones so I do not fear sleep like I once did."


Links to Jessica and her work: 



No comments:

Post a Comment